Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Welcome 7th Graders!


Hello students! Welcome to our blog! I hope you like it.  First, I want to say that you all spoke incredibly well at your 6th Grade Graduation! I hope that your 7th grade year will be as great as your 6th grade year and that we will all grow closer to each other and to God this next year.  I am looking forward to getting to know you all better!

As for the summer reading, I hope you are all enjoying it as much as I am.  My favorite place to read this summer is out by my pool after I swim some laps.  I hope you find your special place to read. For those of you who asked to read Wonderstruck, they should be coming within the next few days. Also, Alex, Ambush will also be coming with those books. I will get in contact with you all when it arrives so you can pick it up from the school.  

I hope that you all use this summer to grow in many different ways.  I hope that you spend some time outdoors exercising and exploring the natural world.  I hope that your love of reading grows through the summer reading books, or any other books you might want to read.  I hope you grow in your relationships with your families and friends...But my biggest hope for you this summer is that you grow in the most important way, in your relationship with the Lord.  I hope you take some time each day to pray to Him and to gradually read through a book of the bible.  I just finished the book of Numbers and it blew my mind! My favorite part of that book was when God told the Levites (the tribe of Priests) that they would not be inheriting a large portion of land when they entered the Promise Land, like the other tribes would be inheriting. Instead, God said, "...You shall have no inheritance in their land, nor shall you have any portion among them; I am your portion and your inheritance among the children of Israel," (Numbers 18:20).  Just like the Levites, we won't be inheriting the riches and luxuries of the world, but our inheritance is Eternal Life in Jesus Christ, which is infinitely greater! Have a blessed summer.